Today I bring you a post from one of my favorite Bloggers, it’s Miguel Florido, who in recent months has managed to catapult his personal brand and capture a huge volume of traffic to his blog. In this article he tells us some of the tricks that have worked for him, I hope you enjoy them.
Talking about improve your Personal Brand is not a matter of fashion or a passing issue, it is a change that professionals should be prepared to face, and for that, better than having good tools and resources to do so.
If you are in a professional sector where your main way or means of work is the Internet, you need to start up these 12 tips and start today to improve your personal brand on the Internet.
Why is it so important to work your Personal Brand?
- You can get a job or improve the one you have now.
- You will get more customers and sales.
- You will connect with more professionals that connect you with business opportunities.
- Because it is your resume on the Internet and your best letter of introduction.
Tips to enhance your Personal Brand
Tip 1. A good brand starts with a good design
It is very important that you make a complete design of your brand in all online channels where you have presence, but designing a brand is not limited to creating a logo, but it is about the personal image and how you want users to perceive you.
Why is it important to invest in good design as a brand basis?
- Differentiation. Any marketing professional that advises your brand will tell you that one of the key aspects to make your brand popular and successful is differentiation.
- Confidence and Professionalism A good design transmits more confidence to the users who visit your page because you transmit a greater professionalism.
- Loyalty One of the keys of any marketing strategy for a brand has to be the loyalty and the obtaining of leads.
Tip 2. Position your name in the Google search engine
It may seem obvious, but I consider that a fundamental aspect when working with personal branding, and is that when someone finds you finds you, but not at the end of the first page or the second page of the Google search engine, you have to position yourself in the first 3 positions of the search engine.
For this and the simplest thing is to have a Blog that has the domain “name + surname.com”, this way when someone looks for you, it is very likely that your Blog appears in the first results.
I’ll tell you an anecdote; When I started to position my name on the Internet I ran into a doctor who was in the world of “famoseo” and who is called just like me, and the pages where it appeared in the first results were televisions such as antenna 3, tele 5 and similar , pages with a very great authority so it was not going to be an easy challenge, but as I like the challenges I said go for the first 3 positions in Google, after 6 months of work I managed to get the first 2 positions and the year 4 first, as you can see in the following image.
It is very important that when someone searches you on the Internet to find you in the first search results, it is very simple but also effective, and even more so if we are looking for a job.
Of course, I hope that you do not happen the same as me and do not have a celebrity that is called just like you, hehehe.
Tip 3. Find the blogs with the most visits of your topic
You have to think that if your goal is to work your personal brand you have to spend much more time and actions outside of your blog than inside it, because you are interested in making yourself known, and if you do it in communities of very large readers, much better.
How do I find the best blogs of my subject? You have 4 methods:
- 1.- Looking for listings of the best blogs. This mechanism is very effective and we will find listings of a lot of quality.
- Analyzing the competition with SEMrush. Analyzing any Blog of our subject we can identify other Blogs that try to position themselves in Google with the same terms or keywords. This is very simple we go to Organic Research> Competitors.
We are interested in selecting only those Blogs that have traffic, and the good thing is that you can repeat the process as many times as you want and thus increase the list.
- 3.- Analyzing Blogs with more followers community. You just have to take a walk through the 2 or 3 most important social channels to find out which are the blogs that have the most social impact. Of course, do not get carried away by the figures and analyze the degree of engagement that each blog has, we all know that it is very easy to falsify the numbers of followers, but you can not falsify the degree of social engagement and the conversations that it generates with others users
- 4.- Analyzing Blogs with more readers in Feedly. The Feedly tool is much more than an application to subscribe to the RSS feeds of our favorite Blogs, since it allows us to find blogs on a topic that many readers have, and which are likely to have many visits.
Search by theme is very simple, we write the theme in the box that is in the upper right corner and we get an image similar to this one.
Tip 4. Do not improvise as your personal brand could suffer the consequences
You have to focus solely and exclusively on the topics or areas that you know very well and have great experience. If you want to write content to work on your personal image do not ever think about improvising and getting into an area that you do not know well, the consequences can be disastrous and completely eliminate your online reputation. Instead, focus and take all the time necessary to make a collection of content that left a blogger with an “open mouth”, whatever the cost, this is the best way to work your personal brand and do it in the shortest possible time.
In this case, less and good, it is immensely better than more.
Tip 5. Plan all your actions and steps to follow
The creation of a brand is not something that is improvised, it requires a great planning and many strategies and creativity to achieve good results.
It can be a bit boring to carry out a Plan Project with the actions to be carried out but it is necessary, so if you had not done it before, start now and open an excell sheet and plan and order the actions that you are going to carry out in the next 3 months. .
Always try, as far as possible, to meet the dates you have set in your plan, this way you will see that you start to improve your personal brand on the Internet in less time.