Links. A few weeks ago it was the friends of Google who already recognized that the incoming links was one of the 3 most important factors in Google within their algorithm (Here is the link to the video). This is not something new, it is something that is already known, but it serves to bury many professionals who have been asserting for a while that the link building does not work and that it should not be done.
“THE LINKBUILDING WORKS TO DAY OF TODAY. TOMORROW NO ONE KNOWS WHAT CAN HAPPEN, BUT IF IT WORKS TODAY YOU HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT “
This is a reality and if today if you want to be competitive in the rankings in your niche market you must make an effective Linkbuilding strategy, studying your market and measuring the limits that the market itself proposes.
To give you more real data and see that even with links not so qualified and segmented there are many websites that are positioning, you can see an article published a few months ago on a case of study of SEO based on Spam or you can see the case of Success of Chuiso and its Online Marketing congress.
Today I bring you a technique that I have been practicing for some time and that is working perfectly, but before I started explaining the technique I wanted to show you a scale by importance of the type of links that work best according to their typology:
- Authority Webs of your Thematic: This type of Webs are pages that receive a certain amount of traffic, have a large number of incoming links of authority and their same theme. These types of websites also tend to have an important social movement.
- National Media: These Websites are well known by SEO professionals. They are usually national newspapers that receive a lot of traffic, social movement and have a very relevant authority. Beware, because the traffic they receive is not as segmented as in the previous point, since the media receive traffic for most of the issues. We could define them as multi-thematic.
- Local Communication Media: They are very similar to those of point 2, but in this case the traffic is very segmented by location. This can be beneficial for local businesses, but they do not charge the same effectiveness for businesses as selling for a whole Country or Countries.
- Thematic Blogs: These are webs similar to those of point 1. The main difference is in traffic and authority. These have much less traffic and authority than those I explained in point 1.
- PBN Theme: This technique is no longer a TABÚ topic, it is the order of the day and many projects on the Internet use it with excellent results. This strategy also works like a charm. If you want to see what this technique consists of, here is this fantastic article by Dean Romero where he explains it.
- Forums and Thematic Directories: The forums and directories continue to exist and many of them are important, have authority and traffic. You just have to know which ones to be in and which ones do not.
IMPORTANT: I know that many professionals are against the last point, point 6. But here I want to make a small reflection: What naturalness would have a profile of incoming links that only has links from websites of great authority and from Well-known media and does not appear in any forum? You yourself can reflect and respond and you will realize why you have to use this type of links.
Surely now you are wondering what tools you can use to make your search for Authority websites and thematic blogs more effective. Here I leave the details of how I do it:
- Majestic SEO: This tool will serve you to know from which topics are linking to the web in question where you want to publish your review with link. Thanks to the TTF (Topical Trust Flow) you will know for sure since the themes link more to the page in question.
- Sistrix: With this tool you will know the organic visibility that the project has, in addition to the potential keywords that it has positioned and if it has had any slight downturn or penalty over time. This will help you to make sure that the Web you are analyzing is safe and has the traffic you need.
- Ahrefs: There are no secrets here, you just agree, you want the link profile to be good, you notice that you have a diversity of IPs and Subnets and that the incoming links you have come from the country where the page is going.
- SEMrush: With this tool you can also know the potential of keywords that the page you are analyzing receives, the organic visibility it has and the direct competitors it has. This will also give you ideas of other possible websites that will serve you to do the same as with this one.
Linkbuilding in Umbrella. What is this?
The term of Umbrella Linkbuilding is a term that I have invented to differentiate it from other techniques that might look like this, but that really has nothing to do with it. I have coined this name, because thanks to this technique you can protect yourself at the level of anchors text, have fewer incoming links, give naturality to your profile of links and applying logic you will see how you will get your links to last more in time and get more importance.
The idea arises from a need. The need to get a logical and effective system that manages to host all the variety of links that I have shown at the beginning of the article in the image where I expose the order of importance by type of Webs. I needed to set up a system in which, from all those websites, they linked to a project and, at the same time, it was a less secure, logical and efficient system.
To better understand this technique you should know the technique of Tier Linkbuilding or Linkbuilding by Levels that I already talked about a long time ago here or you can also see it in this article by an expert in the subject as Chuiso.
Applying logic to my Linkbuilding strategy
As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, we will apply the logic to define the levels of our link framework. I leave you a graphic document so you can understand it better:
The graph is quite representative and if you have read carefully the previous paragraphs, you can intuit that this is going on. But I better explain what this graph consists in a more schematic:
- The first Level: In this first level you should only use Authority Thematic websites, national and local media and thematic Blogs. With this you ensure that all the links that point to your project will have an important quality.
- The second Level: In this second level you must use PBN Thematic blogs, thematic blogs, posts in university blogs, post in newspaper blogs that allow you to open a blog and post in blogs on authority pages that allow you to open a blog. From here you will link to the articles that you publish in the first level.
- The Third Level: In this third level you should only use PBN Thematic blogs. From these blogs you will link to the second level and with this you will have the PBN in a last level and giving authority the articles that you publish in the second level.
- As you see the objective of this first part that you have just read, is to have at a first level few domains and quality pointing to your project and at different levels make a transmission of authority and manual sense. In the following lines you will see how this transmission of authority is carried out and what logical sense you should give it.
Giving natural to this link profile
Throughout the article I invited you to do a little reflection that had to do with the naturalness of your profile of links, because it really is not natural that you link from websites of great authority and your project does not appear in forums and directories where There is a lot of talk about the subject and your competitors appear. To better understand this I have also prepared a small illustrative image:
This graph, as you may have seen, has little explanation. You should simply detect in which forums and directories your direct competition is present that is well positioned, check that the sites have authority, are your topic and have some traffic (this can be done with the tools that I have shown at the beginning of the article) , and replicate those links pointing directly to your Project.
With this you will be able to naturally give your profile of links and have a certain variety and different types of links qualified, segmented and “quality”.